Now that I’ve found a bunch of dialogue that needs changing, I’ve started hex editing the MES files in question to adjust the specific messages.
So far, I’ve edited the following for AnWL:
I’ll be going through the AWL files (as well as some more AnWL edits) tomorrow,.
I’ve created a [directory] from which I will be linking to all of my dialogue file dumps.
I will upload new alpha patches shortly thereafter with just the dialogue edits (no texture/model replacement) so that users can test them and see if there are any lingering misgendered messages.
One main issue I’ve noticed with some of the dialogue, is that when I replace some text with text of different length (e.g. “she” [3 letters] with he [2 letters]), it seems to change the offset of any messages afterwards. This is especially apparent with the rock_husband dialogue as some of the later messages are missing the first word or half-word.