APL/AWL Dialogue Offsets

I’m almost done adjusting the message offsets for all of the edited AWL files.  I just have a couple I need to run another pass or two on.

I should be able to finish those off tonight and will begin working on the AnWL files tomorrow.

I’ve been using the github repo as a way to easily mass-compare all of the files from their source contents to the edited versions.  This has helped me to easily identify which files need offset fixes and which can be ignored.

Now that I’m more aware of how editing text affects the offsets, I should be able to adjust the offsets at the same time as I make any further changes in the future to avoid having to go through this again.

AWL Dialogue Edited

I’ve finally finished my edits to the AWL dialogue files.  Because the chapters are longer, there’s a significantly greater amount of text to go through.

My next step will be to fix offsets in the dialogue files.

As I had mentioned in earlier posts, replacing dialogue with other words of different lengths can cause the text to change since the offsets no longer match.

I’ve decided to create a [github repo] for tracking changes to the dialogue files so I can help pinpoint any areas that need offset adjustments.

This would also be easier than dumping the text files and uploading the contents individually to the blog.

Once I’ve fixed the offsets, I’ll make updated patches for each game and will upload them within the next week or two.